We want you to enjoy your QASTURI luxury scented candles, however failure to follow instructions may result in fire hazard or injury. So please be aware of the following burn instruction and safety rules.
COTTON / WOODEN WICKS
- It is very important to trim your wicks to 1/4 inch during each burn time and ensure wicks are upright. This will eliminate black soot and keep the jar at the ideal temperature.
- Always remember to trim your wooden wick to about 0.5mm on your first burn and continue to trim your wick in between burns by removing all charred wood from previous burns.
- Never burn candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
- Do not continue to burn your candle when 1/2 inch of unmelted wax remains in the bottom of the jar. This may cause your candle jar to become extremely hot and may cause the jar to crack.
CANDLE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that is flammable
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets
- Be sure the candle is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface
- Never use water to extinguish a candle
- Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling
- Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan
- Always burn candles in a well ventilated room
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room
- Extinguish the candle if it smokes or flickers repeatedly
- Do not ingest
CANDLE CARE GUIDE
- When lighting your candle for the first time, and each time thereafter, always allow the wax to melt all the way out to the diameter of the jar. This will create an even burn allowing all the fragrant aroma to be released and preventing tunnelling of your candle wax.
- Tilt your candle on an angle and let the flame draw across the length of the wooden wick when relighting.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times as this can create a fire hazard
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken
- Never allow candle flame to come into contact with the side of the glass
- All burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Do not blow out
- For best results, always burn your candle for at least 2 hours at a time, but never burn a scented candle for more than 4 hours.